How to Get the Most Out of Your First 30 Days as a Member…
Many of our members start their fitness program with their own agenda and simply want to know how they can get the most out of their fitness experience in the shortest period of time. Keeping this in mind, we asked ACE, the American Council of Exercise, the industry’s premiere certification company, to offer their suggestions as to how a member can get the most from their memberships in the shortest period of time. The following are their suggestions as to how you can be more successful in your personal search for fitness.
Know Your Club
- Make sure you know and understand all the services and amenities Vive offers so you can work with the staff to create a map to success. Many members start first and find out later that Vive offers support and guidance in areas that will help them reach their goals more quickly.
- Schedule your fitness assessment as soon as possible!
- Explore the facility and acquaint yourself with all the programs and equipment available; look for your favorites and try something new!
- Work with our fitness and nutrition staff to complete your Fitstart Program, which will include movement, health, habits, and fitness history. These factors are critical in building a successful foundation for reaching your goals.
- Create a realistic schedule that is fun and empowering — many new members dive in too fast and over-commit their time and energy. Build a plan that fits into your current lifestyle and increase your commitment a little at a time. Schedule your time at Vive and book it in advance.
- Hire a personal coach one-on-one, or in groups, to make sure you can get the most out of your membership. A qualified coach will save you a tremendous amount of time, focus you on your goals, and keep you motivated and having fun!
- Utilize both the fitness and nutrition services Vive provides to maximize your efforts and achieve your goals. Vive provides several options — use this expertise and these tools to accelerate your success.
- Embrace the variety Vive offers. An example would be to incorporate group training into your program for variation and motivation. By incorporating activities and exploring other areas of the club, you will truly maximize your membership and your outcomes.